For the safety of our ministry volunteers, we are no longer entering residences and/or businesses. As a result, any items to be picked up by our volunteers MUST be placed in either a garage, a covered porch or, weather permitting, in the driveway. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but this decision has been made in the best interests and safety of our volunteers in order to minimize the risk of them injuring themselves moving furniture through houses and also contracting the Corona virus. We trust you understand the reasoning for this decision and we hope you still support our ministry.
Our ministry is entirely operated by volunteers – there are no paid employees. However, the ministry does have expenses such as rent and utilities for the warehouse where the furniture is stored and fuel and maintenance expenses for our box truck that is used to pick up the furniture. As a result, on our pickups, we ask, if at all possible, for a nominal monetary donation to help defray these expenses for us. We greatly appreciate whatever donation you can provide.
What items do you accept?
THESE ITEMS QUALIFY FOR PICKUP
- BEDROOM - Mattresses, box springs (must be clean with no tears/rips, no stains and, of course, no bed bugs), dressers, chests, night stands, bed frames
- LIVING ROOM - Sofas, loveseats, living room chairs, recliners, end/coffee tables, lamps. Upholstered items must be free of tears/rips, stains and must functional.
- DINING ROOM/KITCHEN - Dining room/kitchen tables and chairs. Buffets and china cabinets are no longer accepted.
- APPLIANCES - (newer than 15 years in working condition) Refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers. Appliances must be cleaned prior to donating.
- Smaller Desks (student/home), 2 drawer filing cabinets, desk chairs. Larger office desks are not accepted.
- Bookcases, shelving units, pictures
- TVs (CRTs and projection sets greater than 21"), (flat screen TVs) and TV stands. Console TV’s are not accepted.
- VCR, DVD players, and other electronics
- Dishes, silverware, pots and pans, glassware, cups, kitchenware
- Sheets, blankets, comforters, towels, linens (must be clean and folded)
- Small appliances, microwaves, toasters, coffee makers
- Newer FIXED side cribs that meet government standards
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
- Worn furniture with rips, tears, stains, or visible pet hair
- Buffets and china cabinets
- Large entertainment centers
- Pianos, organs, musical instruments
- Exercise equipment
- Waterbeds, platform beds or frames
- Office desks, credenzas, 4 drawer filing cabinets
- Sewing machines
- Holiday decorations
- Drop-side cribs, car seats
- Dishwashers or other built-in appliances
- Kitchen/bathroom cabinets
- Ceiling lighting fixtures or fans
- Yard equipment
- Gently used, ready to use, no repairs needed. No rips, tears, stains, or tape patches
- No pet hair, bed bugs, fleas, cockroaches, evidence of mice or other rodents or exposure to other health risks, etc.
- Appliances must be in working condition, complete with all parts/accessories and must be clean
- All furniture and baby items must be safe. We do not accept recalled or damaged items.
- We reserve the right to refuse any items deemed unsuitable for our clients. We also may decline items from time to time due to quantities currently in stock.